Theater Scholarship Application
Tabor College Theater Scholarships are available for incoming students who have contributed significantly to theater arts. These scholarships are renewable when participation requirements are met (acting in shows, working on a backstage crew, makeup crew, costume crew, box office crew, or assisting with set construction or design). Additional requirements include taking theater courses, participating in meetings and activities, and auditioning/interviewing each year.
- Complete the Theater Scholarship Application Form.
- Incoming freshmen: submit your high school transcript and official ACT or SAT scores to Tabor College Admissions. Transfer students: submit all college transcripts.
- For those interested in acting: Attend an on-campus Audition Day and perform an audition (any scheduled Visit Day can serve as an audition day) OR submit a DVD recording of your audition. Audition requirements are as follows:
- Prepare 2 contrasting monologues, each 1-2 minutes in length. These must be memorized. (Suggestions: one Shakespeare or Greek classical piece and one modern piece, one comic and one dramatic piece, etc.)
- Along with your completed application, submit a recent photo and a resume listing shows you’ve been in.
- Attend an on-campus Audition Day to perform your monologues for Theater faculty. Any scheduled Visit Day can serve as an Audition Day.
- If you are unable to audition in person, submit a DVD recording of your audition. At the beginning, state your name, followed by the title and character’s name for each monologue. Recorded auditions must be good resolution, well-lit, and include your body in the frame.
- For those interested in technical theater: Attend an on-campus Visit Day and interview with a theater faculty member OR schedule a phone interview with a Theater faculty member.
- If you have photos, drawings, DVDs, or other examples of technical work you have done, please bring these materials with you.
- These materials can also be submitted as e-mail attachments or a mailed DVD, prior to a scheduled phone interview.
- To schedule an audition or ask questions about the application process, contact Laurel Koerner, Director of Theater, 620-947-3121 ext. 1132.
- Submit Theater Scholarship Application Form, either in person at time of interview/audition, or by mail. Application materials must be postmarked or submitted by January 15.
Email: email@example.com. Mail: Laurel Koerner, Department of Theater, Tabor College, 400 S. Jefferson, Hillsboro, KS 67063.