Campus Ministries Council
Campus Ministries Council (CMC) directs and coordinates the efforts of student ministries at Tabor. The council consists of four executive positions, the campus pastor as advisor and one representative from each of the following ministries: Impact, Share, Prayer and Dare (SP&D), Women’s Mentoring, Wichita Urban Ministries Plunge (WUMP), and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). We invite you to explore how Tabor’s student-led ministries can pour into you and then let you pour into others.
- Impact provides opportunities for students to get involved in missions and to serve those around them on campus, in the local community, and around the world.
- Share, Prayer & Dare (SP&D) provides a contemporary worship experience in order that the student body might encounter God and each other each Wednesday night.
- The Tabor Women’s Mentoring Program connects Tabor women with women from around the Hillsboro community in mentoring relationships. The organization aspires to establish relationships of depth and help women become women of character according to Proverbs 31 and Titus 2.
- WUMP, or Wichita Urban Ministries Plunge, exists as a group of students who go to Wichita every Friday evening for ministry with kids from less privileged neighborhoods by providing a Bible lesson, crafts, a meal, and some time to hang out and build relationships.
- FCA exists to reach out to all facets of Tabor College, and draw our peers closer to Jesus Christ, by exemplifying Christian fellowship through activities and lessons.
- Eve to Eve desires to encourage the women on campus and build them up through experience and gaining the knowledge of God’s love. Once a week, the ministry hosts a big group night and during the week leaders host a number of small groups that meet for bible study, prayer, encouragement, and accountability.
- The “Underground” Men’s Ministry focuses on sharing the gospel to men on campus and helping them understand what Jesus accomplished through his death and resurrection. They also equip men with the tools to lead a life pleasing to God as they gather in fellowship, accountability, and worship before God.
- Campus Prayer brings people together to pray to God on behalf and for the campus. They invite the Holy Spirit to take complete control over the campus and open hearts and minds to the love of Christ.
- Various Bible studies are available and open to interested students. Contact Ryan Lee, Campus Pastor, to learn how to become involved.