Call or Text Chris at 620-947-1765
- Transfer Students
- Harvey County High Schools
- Dodge City Community College AA
- LaSalle University B.S.
- US Army Veteran
- My wife, Melinda K. Rangel, A Business Technology Educator at Newton High School. Melinda has been an educator since 1992. She has won Kansas State teacher of the year award, and has been nominated as National Teacher of the Year. Melinda leads Newton High Schools BPA program that has produced numerous State Champions and National placers and helped lead our daughter to 3 state Championships, 1 national championship, a 3rd place and a top ten finalist. Melinda has completed 9 marathons.
- My daughter, Jenna Lynne Rangel, is a NCAA Division 1 Student Athlete at University of Missouri Kansas City. Jenna is majoring in Allied Health and is a member of the Softball team.
- My son, Jared, is a student at Newton Senior High School and has been on the principles honor roll and a member of the Varsity soccer team for 3 years. Jared has also been a member of Business Professionals of America for 2 years, where he was a former state runner up, and National Placer.
Hobbies and Interests
Mr. Rangel has owned and operated Ultimate Martial Arts since 1992. Chris is a 7th Degree Black Belt Master instructor and Master fitness level certified trainer. Mr. Rangel teaches Speed and agility classes and has over 40 years of martial arts experience. Chris was a former member of The World Class Athletes Program hosted by the U.S. Army Tae Kwon Do Team at Ft. Carson, Colorado.
“I enjoy watching my kids play softball, and soccer, I love spending time with my wife as she competes in marathons.” “I attend Newspring Church in Wichita. Our family loves to impact the lives of others in an positive way! I love kickboxing, teaching, and building other people up”!
So far, what do you love about being part of Tabor?
I like being part of a great admissions team and being a part of a college with a passion to serve students. I like the liveliness of the college and the friendly outgoing people I meet! The power of teamwork in a Christian atmosphere is evident, and makes me more and more excited to be a part each day!