Wendell Loewen, D.Min.
Assoc Prof of Youth, Church & Culture/ Ministry Quest Director
Phone: 620-947-3121, ext 1071
Department: Bible, Religion & Philosophy, Ministry Quest
- DMin, Youth and Family Ministry, Fuller Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Church and Family Ministries, Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary
- BA, Contemporary Christian Ministries and Physical Education, Fresno Pacific University
- Professor of Youth, Church & Culture, Department of Bible, Religion and Philosophy, Tabor College
- Executive Director of Ministry Quest, Tabor College
- Dean of Spiritual Formation and Campus Pastor, Tabor College
- District Youth Minister, Southern District Conference of MB Churches
- Youth Pastor, Fairview MB Church, Fairview, OK
Recognitions & Awards
- Clarence R. Hiebert Excellence in Teaching Award, Tabor College, 2008
- Distinguished Faculty, Tabor College, 2008-2009
- Bible, Community and Culture
- Youth Ministries 1 and 2
- Conflict and Reconciliation
- Discipleship and Evangelism
- The Church and Its Mission
- Spiritual Formation
- Communication in the Church
- Christian Education in the Church
- Loewen, W. (2009). “Creating a Culture of Safety.” When Kids Hurt: Help for Adults Navigating the Adolescent Maze, Baker Books.
- Loewen, W. (2008). Beyond Me: Grounding Youth Ministry in God’s Story. Faith and Life Resources.
- Loewen, W. (2005). “Review of Kenda Creasy Dean Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church.” Direction.
- Loewen, W. (2003). “The Changing Face of Adolescence.” The Christian Leader.
- Loewen, W. (2002). “Thirsty for the Reign: A Kingdom Theology for Youth Ministry.” Direction.
- Loewen, W. (2014, April). “Preaching as Story.” Proclaim: A Preaching Conference, Central Christian College, McPherson, KS [Workshop]
- Loewen, W. (2013, November). “Engage: In and Not Of.” Central District Youth Conference, Rapid City, SD [Keynote]
- Loewen, W. (2013, August). “Cultivating a Culture of Corporate Calling.” Southern District Conference, Colorado Springs, CO [Workshop]
- Loewen, W. (2013, February). “Teaching Morals and Values in a Techno Environment.” Salt and Light Series, Hesston Mennonite Church, Hesston, KS [Seminar]
- Loewen, W. (2013, February). “Mentoring as the Practice of Discernment.” Southern District Youth Ministry Intensive, Horn Creek, CO [Keynote]
- Keynote Speaker at numerous camps and conferences.
- Provide pulpit supply for local and regional churches.