Karol Hunt, Ph.D.
Assoc Athletic Director/Professor of PE
Department: Health and Physical Education
- PhD University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- MA Minnesota State University—Mankato
- BS Pillsbury College, Owatonna, MN
- Professor of Health and Physical Education, Health and Physical Education Department Chair, Education and Applied Arts Division Chair, and Associate Athletic Director, Tabor College. Former Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Coach.
- Adjunct Instructor of Physical Education and Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach, Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, IL
- Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Head Women’s Basketball Coach, Cedarville College, Cedarville, OH
- Professor of Physical Education and Head Volleyball, Women’s Basketball, and Softball Coach, Pillsbury College, Owatonna, MN
- K-12 Health and Physical Education teacher, Girl’s Athletic Director, and Head Volleyball, Girls’ Basketball, and Girls’ Track and Field Coach, Heritage Christian School, Indianapolis, IN
- Clarence R. Hiebert Excellence in Teaching Award, Tabor College, 2006
- Teacher of the Year, Kansas Learning Center for Health, 2006
- KCAC Men’s Cross Country Coach of the Year
- KCAC Women’s Cross Country Coach of the Year
- History and Philosophy of Physical Education and Sport
- Sport in American Culture
- Psychology of Sport
- Advanced Health
- Introduction to Health and Wellness
- Strategies for Teaching Health
- Human Sexuality
- Disaster Relief and Service
- Champions of Character Committee Chair for the Kansas College Athletic Conference
- Campus Champions of Character Liaison, Tabor College
- Hunt, K. (July 2003). Leisure: Recreation or Re-creation? Christian Leader, 4-7
- Hunt, K. (1999). Ministry at 8500 Feet. Direction, 120-125.
- Hunt, K.R. (1999). Pressure to Win? But I’m a Christian Coach in a Christian College. Physical Education, Sport, and Wellness: Looking to God as We Look at Ourselves. John Byle and Tom Visker (Eds). Sioux Center, IA: Dordt Press.
- Hunt, K.R. and Miller, S.R. (1994). Comparison of Levels of Perceived Stress and Burnout among College Basketball and Tennis Coaches. Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual 1994, 198-222.
- Coaches’ Actions: The Key to Building Character in Athletes. Presented at the NAIA National Convention, April 2014, Kansas City, MO
- Coaches’ Actions: The Key to Building Character in Athletes. Tabor College Fall Faculty Lecture, October 2011, Hillsboro, KS
- Mission Possibe… or Not? Presented at the ACA Rocky Mountain Section Fall Conference, November 2004, Florissant, CO
- Summer Staff: Do We Develop Character or Reveal Character? Presented at the ACA National Conference, February 2003, Denver, CO
- Summer Staff: Hardy or Stress Driven? Presented at the ACA Rocky Mountain Section Fall Conference, November 2002, Colorado Springs, CO
- Hardiness: Creating an Environment for Stress Resistant Staff. Presented at the American Camping Association Mid-States Conference, April 2002, Chicago, IL.
- Developing Summer Staff Leadership Potential. Presented at the ACA Rocky Mountain Section Fall Conference, November 2001, Colorado Springs, CO
- Dynamic Leadership Development: Making the Connection Between Staff Training and Sunday-Monday. Presented at the American Camping Association Mid-States Conference, April 2001, Chicago, IL.
- Pressure to Win? But I’m a Christian Coach in a Christian College. Presented at the HPERD Conference on Christianity, Sport, Leisure, and Wellness, June 1997, Messiah College, Grantham, PA.
- Stress and Burnout in the Coaching Profession. Presented at the HPERD Conference on Christianity, Sport, Leisure, and Wellness, June 1996, Messiah College, Grantham, PA.
Disaster Relief and Rebuild through Samaritan’s Purse and Mennonite Disaster Service
- Galena, AK
- Moore, OK
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Redding, KS
- Nashville, TN
- Marshall, AK
- New Orleans, LA
- Unalakleet, AK
- New Iberia, LA
- Highlands Presbyterian Camp and Retreat Center, Allenspark, CO
- Camp Assurance, Georgetown, IL