Health and Physical Education Details
Tabor offers academic programs in the following areas:
- Teaching Health and Physical Education (Pre-K-12). Program completers are able to earn a Kansas license to teach prekindergarten through grade 12 health and physical education and enter the teaching profession.
- Sport Management. The Sport Management course of study prepares graduates to enter the expanding sports profession in high school and college settings, as well as in major and minor league organizations.
- Sport Studies. The Sports Studies program is designed for the graduate whose goal is to coach on the college level. It prepares students to attend graduate school while entering the profession as a graduate assistant coach.
- Strength and Conditioning: The Strength and Conditioning concentration is a recognized program by the National Strength and Training Association. At the completion of the program, students are encouraged to complete a national test to become a Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Minors are offered in camping and coaching.
All students receive hands-on experience through field experience settings and either clinical experience (teacher education) or internship placements (Sport Management, Sport Studies, and Strength and Conditioning programs). Tabor students have completed internships with the San Diego Padres, Wichita’s minor league sports teams, Sporting Kansas City, the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Association, YMCAs, various city recreation programs, wellness centers, and Tabor sport’s teams.