July 15, 2014
Categories: General News
Tabor College has put in some sweat equity this summer by revamping and remodeling the weight room on the north side of the Campus Recreation Center. Here are a few of the improvements that have been made:
- Repainted the entire room with art work on the west wall to match that in the game gym.
- Replaced the entire floor with top of the line 3/4” rubber flooring.
- Installed four new dead lift platforms that are flush with the new flooring. The Power Jay artwork is painted on each platform.
- Repainted all the squat racks.
- Reupholstered all the weight benches.
- Eliminated unused equipment with plans for more squat racks, dumb bells and dead lift plates to come.
Rusty Allen, vice president of intercollegiate athletics, is pleased with the improvements made.
“The renovated space looks outstanding,” Allen said. “We are excited for the improved training opportunities for our student-athletes and the recruiting advantage it should provide. Andy Davis (assistant baseball coach) and Amy Ratzlaff (head volleyball coach) gave great leadership to getting this accomplished. Many others from athletics and maintenance worked hard disassembling, moving and reassembling equipment. It was a team effort and I appreciate everyone who helped.”