April 17, 2014
Categories: General News
Tabor College is planning an Athletic Spring Showcase featuring several of our sports teams, great food and a lot of fun from 10:30 a.m. -5 p.m., Saturday April 26 at several of our athletic facilities in Hillsboro.
This event will be the conclusion of spring practices for our football, volleyball and men’s and women’s soccer teams. It’s also a day where we showcase our baseball and softball teams, who are closing out their regular seasons.
Rusty Allen, vice president for intercollegiate athletics for Tabor College, is pleased to be able to have so many of our teams compete “The Spring Showcase has become a tradition at Tabor College,” Allen said. “Not only is it a lot of fun to have friends, alumni and family of our athletes on campus for the day, but it allows everyone an opportunity for a big picture look at the excellence we strive for in the athletic department.”
This day is a culmination of hours of practice and preparation for actual competition or inter-squad scrimmages.
“All of our athletic teams work very hard in season and during the off-season to develop competitive excellence. We believe excellence enhances ministry,” Allen added.
Tabor College President, Dr. Jules Glanzer, is thrilled to have many of our athletes supporting one another in a special event for the “Athletics is part of the Tabor experience,” Glanzer said. “They give us memories that last for a life time. We count time by certain
athletic events. With the athletic programs at Tabor increasing in strength and prestige, hanging around winners is just plain fun.”
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30 a.m. – Football Scrimmage at Joel H. Wiens Stadium
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. – Lunch will be served on lawn south of sand volleyball court (cost is $5.00 per person, Free for students on Tabor College meal plan) – bring your own lawn
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. – Sand Volleyball Tournament – Volleyball team and alumni at the sand court by men’s quad
- 1:00 p.m. – Baseball Conference Game vs. McPherson at the baseball field (KCAC game)
- 1:30 p.m. – Women’s Soccer Spring Scrimmage at Joel H. Wiens Stadium
- Half-time of Women’s soccer Game – Performance by Junior Jays Cheerleading Squad
- 3:30 p.m. – Men’s Soccer Alumni Scrimmage at Joel H. Wiens Stadium
This will be a day for many alumni to come back to Hillsboro, experience special day on campus with their families and reminisce about their college days at Tabor.
“Coming back and supporting our programs provides an opportunity for us to reconnect and enjoy the Tabor experience again,” Glanzer said. “The Athletic Spring Showcase is a wonderful time for alumni and friends to gather on the Tabor campus and enjoy sporting events, connect with friends and classmates and to engage in the life of the campus. We love connecting with them and hearing their stories. Hosting them on campus is always a joy.”
Admission is free for everyone, so bring your family and plan to spend the day with us at Tabor College.