March 12, 2014
Categories: General News
The Tabor College Concerto Bella Voce Women’s Choir is set to embark on its second annual concert tour during spring break. The women will be traveling to six different churches and schools in four different states, performing a concert with the theme “Lift Thine Eyes.”
List of dates/times/locations are listed below:
- Sunday, March 16 at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. morning worship services at North Oak Community Church located at 3000 Oak Street in Hays, Kan.
- Monday, March 17 at 7:00 p.m. at Immaculate Conception Church located at 715 Cabrini Drive in Lafayette, Colo. 80026-2676
- Tuesday, March 18 at 11:30 a.m. Garden Park Church located at 1720 S. Alcott Street in Denver, Colo.
- Thursday, March 20 at 8:00 a.m. chapel service at Rapid City Christian School located at 23757 Arena Drive in Rapid City, S.D.
- Friday, March 21 at 7:00 p.m. at Hastings Evangelical Free Church located at 2015 North Saint Joseph Ave. in Hastings, Neb.
- Sunday, March 23 at 10:45 a.m. at Cornerstone Community Church located at 7620 SW 21st Street in Topeka, Kan.
The choir is under the direction of Janie Brokenicky and accompanied by Deb Huyett of Leonardville, KS. Brokenicky is in her second year as assistant professor of choral music at Tabor College. She is the founder of the Concerto Bella Voce Women’s Choir, plus teaches courses in music theory, sight singing and ear training, plus private voice.
Comprised of 19 women, the group is excited to share their musical talents and love of Jesus Christ with listeners.
‘The theme is centered around the message in Psalm 121 and the program includes the piece ‘Lift Thine Eyes’ from Felix Mendelssohn’s oratorio, Elijah,” says Brokenicky.
“The program also features flute and percussion performed by six students within the group.”